Friday 26 October 2012

President says Dame Jonathan a bright star

 
Abuja -President Goodluck Jonathan has described his wife Patience as the brightest star in his life and his jewel of
inestimable value.

Jonathan was speaking at a ceremony to mark the 55th birthday anniversary of the First Lady at the State House, Abuja on Thursday.
Jonathan, after presenting a gift to Patience said: ”I thank God for her life and that she is not celebrating the day on a sick bed.

”She is the brightest star in my life, she is my jewel of inestimable value and I thank God for granting her good health.”

The First Lady praised God for keeping her alive to mark her birthday.
She said that whatever might have happened to her was God’s design for her life.
”I thank God for the gift of life and I want to deeply appreciate and thank my beloved husband for his love and support.
”I also thank my family, staff and Nigerians for praying for me.”

The event was marked with prayers and presentation of gifts by family, well wishers and friends, including the Ondo State Governor, Dr Olusegun Mimiko and his wife, Olukemi, ministers of women affairs, finance, aviation, labour, foreign affairs, among others. (NAN)

No comments:

Post a Comment